Sunday, May 14, 2006

Queen visits Vancouver, relegated to kids' table.

Queen Elizabeth II made a surprise Mother's Day visit to Vancouver, B.C. today when she unexpectedly dropped by for tea at the Newland's household. Unfortunately, it appears her manners weren't up to snuff as shortly thereafter she was relegated to the kids' table.

"I've always said to my kids. You've got to be ready with good manners, in case the Queen drops by for tea. What kind of a Mother would I be if I did not hold the Queen to the same standards as my children?"
- Nora Newlands, Event Organizer


The offense in question was 'elbows on the table.' Nora made sure to point it out by politely remarking 'Mable Mable elbows on the table.' To which, Queen Elizabeth II, ever the elegant wit, replied, 'isn't this a horse's stable?' Nora, catching the bull by the horns, answered: 'No, it's a first class dining table. And you can now spend the rest of tea at the Kids' table thinking about what you've done.'



Nora and Nan enjoying tea and dinner while
Queen Elizabeth scolds children for 'getting into her purse.'

The Queen's own spokesperson remarked that she had been flying and drinking all day which may have been the cause of her gaff but assured Nora, that should the Queen ever be invited back, it wouldn't happen again.

For Nora's part, would the Queen would be invited back?


"She needs to spend some time thinking about manners. Once I see that she has really thought about what she has done and made an effort to improve than we'll see about having her back."
- Nora Newlands, Event Organizer

Despite the gaff, the Mother's Day was a pleasant one at the Newland's household with Nora remarking once again:

"Oh, my son is definitely my favorite child, I don't care much for the other two. They could at least improve their manners."
- Nora Newlands, Event Organizer


The Blogastair, reporting live on location, Newland's Household, Vancouver B.C. Happy Mothers Day Mom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What strikes me about this entry in Forbes' blog is his reliance on a ditty to remind him about good manners. I wonder if nursery rhymes like this play a big part in other parts of his life.

Alastair P. Forbes said...

Did you even read the story? There was no mention of Forbes having bad manners. Only the Queen and Forbes' two siblings. One of whom, is famous for pooing in the car on the way back from Kewlona.

"Oh, my son is definitely my favorite child..." Enough said.

Anonymous said...

This is pure rubbish....where are your pictures of the Queen ?

She did not visit you , nor would she with such ridiculous remarks as these.....

Anonymous said...

OY OY OY!!!

I still have to laugh -- A.P.F. - you are still crazy and funny after all these years.

Signed, Your former nanny.

Anonymous said...

Alloroppy
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/benefits-of-chromium-picolinate]benefits of chromium picolinate[/url]
faksfulse

Anonymous said...

I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.

site said...

A great deal of effective information for me!