Friday, March 10, 2006

Albertan University Professor leaves job to become a character in comic strip 'Cathy'

Nick Hanson, Drama Professor at the University of Lethbridge, has decided to leave his job to become a character in the somewhat popular cartoon strip 'Cathy'.

"I love Cathy. I've always loved Cathy and we will finally be together now. I've been waiting my whole life for this."
- Nicholas Hanson, Professor U. Lethbridge

A few months ago Hanson put together his life's work and made a proposal to the producers of the kind-of-well-known Cathy cartoon. His proposal: To become a character in the cartoon, but not like you'd expect.

"No, the idea is not for me to become a character in Cathy's story, but rather a character that comments on Cathy's story. That way the experience for the reader will be enhanced as my comments will act as a guide for the reader who isn't as knowledegable with the Cathy universe as I am. [giggles]"
- Nicholas Hanson, Professor U. Lethbridge



Prof. Hanson spices up 'The New Cathy' (click on photo for larger image)

The new Cathy series will be entitled 'The New Cathy' and will begin syndication immediately. Hanson hopes the series will gain a new found respect after his comments are added.

When asked, his students seemed to feel this was a good choice for the professor:

"Are you serious? He's actually going to be in the cartoon? That is so pathetic. Well at least I won't be paying for his stupid class anymore... how can you learn drama if you're just re-enacting Cathy cartoons all the time? He won't even let us make up our own Cathy cartoons, says we'll sully her good name. That is such bulls***."
- Anonymous student at University of Lethbridge

Hanson says he is sad to leave an environment where he is so well-liked but hopes he will find greener pastures and millions of adoring middle-aged women fans like himself.

The Bloooogeeeerrr, reporting on location, Lethbridge, Alberta


5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alastair P. Forbes said...

Hmmm Tuffy... interesting that you would know of this government plot to get Stewart and I separated... wellsey wellsey wellsey... maybe the Floater Blog crack team of journalists will have to get together and discover what you are REALLY running for... (PS awesome job with your blog and your run but don't tell the other readers I said that!)

Graeme Stewart said...

Government plot? They told me it was a scholarship!

Of course, now that I think about, the "Get Stewart Out of Canada and Away From Forbes Goverment Plot Award For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence" was a pretty weird name for finanacial aid. Bastards.

Alastair P. Forbes said...

Yes... and now that I think about it, that phone call I got a couple months back saying you were dead and I was not to contact you or I'd be dead too was a little wierd. I thought he was talking about cheese or something. Hmmm... very interesting.

Unknown said...

I like cheese. But there is no place for cheese in politics, there just isn't.